Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A poem written by Susan Allen

I love this poem and it is Susan all over. I want to share it with you and have her permission. It says so very much about what spirituality does for you. I've known Susan for about 17 years when we met in Eckankar. She has been my very best friend since then.
She has the most fantastic Contralto voice you've about ever heard and now her poetry is developing at a very fast rate.
Susan is the one that can sing my wind song and make people cry over it. I will have to get it put on here sometime so you can hear her if it's possible.

Here is her Poem.


I am drinking Drinking as much as I can Like woman who can't get enough   I am Drinking  Yet, I am drinking Drinking not for drowning my sorrows For that is the past's concern I welcome the past to this drinking pool Drinking not for the festive shoring up For the illusion is only temporary joy Which is here already within me  I am drinking for Love unbridled in your care and love for me I am drinking in the Truth For Truth can free Soul's flight I am drinking in Love's knowing For only through you am I shown the straightest beam of Light where no time exists Where divine Being abounds only  I hear you Your Sound is with me now Never to leave  These bones know only comfort It is not comfort that I am driven by Does the lesson come with comfort? It comes along because I am in it  The Sound is calling me It is divine discontent and wanting then coming to that pinnacle point that let's me drink deeper from the next pool of Divine Love.  You know my heart's love for you knows the endless pool of eternity. Heart knows Soul's path and it is your presence I'll ask for till eternity   It is your love that is the connecting pool of which my Soul drinks Could I be holier to drink? My only need is to recognize Soul that I am now through your love   Love IS Everything Susan Allen  February 2011
Susan Allen
I am drinking
I am drinking
Drinking as much as I can
Like woman who can't get enough


I am Drinking

Yet, I am drinking
Drinking not for drowning my sorrows
For that is the past's concern
I welcome the past to this drinking pool
Drinking not for the festive shoring up
For the illusion is only temporary joy
Which is here already within me

I am drinking for Love unbridled
in your care and love for me
I am drinking in the Truth
For Truth can free Soul's flight
I am drinking in Love's knowing
For only through you am I shown
the straightest beam of Light
where no time exists
Where divine Being abounds only

I hear you
Your Sound is with me now
Never to leave

These bones know only comfort
It is not comfort that I am driven by
Does the lesson come with comfort?
It comes along because I am in it

The Sound is calling me
It is divine discontent and wanting
then coming to that pinnacle point
that let's me drink deeper from the next pool of Divine Love.

You know my heart's love for you
knows the endless pool of eternity.
Heart knows Soul's path
and it is your presence I'll ask for
till eternity


It is your love that is the connecting pool
of which my Soul drinks
Could I be holier to drink?
My only need is to recognize Soul that I am
now through your love


Love IS Everything
Susan Allen February 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment